PDF to English translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF to English translation

Hi guys!!! I have a question about translating PDF documents into English using Translate.com. I've recently downloaded some interesting articles that I want to translate, but I'm afraid the formatting might suffer. Has anyone tried this platform? How did you get the translation quality? Any tips to avoid loss of text?

Yes, I have used Translate.com to translate pdf to english, and I can share my experience. Let me start by saying that the interface is really very user-friendly: you upload a file, choose a language and that's it. However, as you rightly pointed out, formatting is one of the biggest problems I encountered. For example, I had a training material with a lot of graphs and tables, and after translation these elements did not look as expected. Some lines of text shifted and pictures lost their captions. I've found that if a document contains complex elements, it's better to convert it to text format first, and then use Translate.com to translate it. This really helps to preserve the original structure. As for the quality of the translation, there are nuances. Basically, the general sense of the text is preserved, but the automatic translation can be quite “verbatim”. For example, some phrases in English have specific meanings, and Translate.com may not capture that context. I recommend editing the text after automatic translation - this is very important if it is something you plan to publish or use for educational purposes.

Comment

Thanks for your experience! I too am curious about how Translate.com handles PDFs. I'm planning to translate some documents for my project and it seems worth paying attention to formatting. I wonder if there are any other tools that could offer better translation for PDF?

Comment

chat1

About this Group

Type: Public
      Topics: 12
      Comments: 33

Owner

Group Categories

Collapse

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...